If your Thermal Printer prints labels with missing lines then its time to clean your Thermal Print Head or replace it.
Missing lines causes
- Build up of dirt on the Thermal Print Head
- Piece of label stuck on the Print Head
- Inserting the Ribbon incorrectly causing ink to burn onto print head
- Worn or damaged Print Head
Cleaning the Thermal Printer print head
- Switch off the printer – important!
- Lift the print head mechanism
- Moisten a Soft Cloth with isopropyl alcohol
- Gently wipe the print head with the moistened cloth several times
- Inspect the print head and make sure there are no traces of dirt buildup remaining.
- Wait for the print head to dry and test the print quality
It is recommended to clean the Thermal Printer Thermal Print Head after every roll of label.
Removing labels stuck on the Print Head
If there is a label stuck on the print head it must be gently removed. Never use hard or sharp objects to scratch off the label.
Remove as much of the label stuck on the print head with your fingers. Moisten the remaining label with isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe it with a soft cloth to remove.
Missing lines after cleaning
If you have cleaned the thermal print head using the steps above and the problem persists then the Print Head is worn or damaged.
Contact us for further information on how to have your print head replaced.
We support the following printers – Argox, Datamax, Intermec, Honeywell, Sato, TSC, Zebra and Bixolon.